Friday 28 July 2017

Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose

Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose

Ayodele Fayose, the governor of Ekiti state, has revealed that he made several attempts to speak with President Muhammadu Buhari before the president took ill.

In a chat with Interview Magazine, Fayose also disclosed that he has not spoken with the president in the last two years.

Fayose further spoke about his tense relationship with the president.

He stated: “Well, we met twice or so during the Council of State meetings.

“There is nothing personal. I represent Ekiti state, he represents Nigeria. That is the basis of our interaction. Nothing personal.

“For me, during our meeting, whenever any issue arose and I felt I should make a contribution, I raised my hand and spoke. That is it.

“I remember I tried to call him several times before he took ill.

“Then, there was this day I called again and the switchboard told me that any call from me must be diverted to president Buhari’s chief security officer (CSO). And I felt that was very insulting.

“The CSO to the President is an ordinary policeman, who I assume, is just a little over and above my own CSO.

“I am a governor, a governor of a state. I felt that was an insult to the people of Ekiti State I represent.

“Yes my calls to him (the president) were diverted twice to the CSO. I refused to talk to the CSO because I consider it insulting.”
Meanwhile, we previously reported that the chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), Prof. Itse Sagay, described the Ekiti state governor Ayodele Fayose as an irresponsible clown.

Sagay made the claim while reacting to Fayose’s recent threat to release damaging photographs of president Muhammadu Buhari to prove that he is critically ill in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A MUST READ

BEHIND THE OPOTO FESTIVAL

The production of this painting is to enable the society to know and understand the positive effects and the needs the Opoto festival in Enu...